Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Happy 100th Birthday!



Today, June 18, 2008, would have been my grandmother's 100th birthday. Her name was Agnes Farrell and she passed away 4 years ago, but today, we are celebrating anyway. Celebrating a wonderful long life and a wonderful lady.

Call me crazy, (and I think a few members of my family are doing just that), but I went to the party store and bought a bunch of helium balloons. The biggest one has a giant "100" on it. And tonight we are going to the cemetery to tie this bouquet onto the grave marker and sing Happy Birthday. Then when anyone passes by for the next little while, they'll notice the balloons and perhaps drop by for a visit!

My husband's grandfather, George Bush (no relation to the prez!), lived to celebrate his 100th birthday. That was quite a party.

Ours tonight may not be so grand, but the same good wishes and intentions will definitely be there.

So, happy birthday Grandma, (Nana to the great-grandkids). Hope you're having a terrific party in heaven!

Love, Sue

1 comment:

Keli Gwyn said...

I think it's wonderful to celebrate the loved ones who were once part of our lives and helped make us into the people we are today. I hope your time of remembrance brought you joy as you recalled memories of your grandmother.