Tuesday, September 27, 2011

AWESOME CONFERENCE!


I'm back!! Where do I begin to describe the wonderful experience of the American Christian Fiction Writers Conference?

It was my first time at a large writers' conference. Despite sometimes feeling like I was in another reality, like a walking zombie, it was a fantastic experience. Everyone was so friendly and encouraging. I wasn't even nervous at the three appointments I had with agents and editors!

I got to meet the wonderful authors I had wanted to meet, like Julie Lessman, Laura Frantz, Tamera Alexander and Julie Klassen, as well as Patti Lacey, Lyn Cote, Janet Dean, Debby Giusti, Mary Conneally, Cara Lyn James, Sandra Orchard, and many others I can't remember at the moment. (I missed meeting Ruth Logan Herne, Melanie Dickerson, Audra Harders, Myra Johnson, and Pam Hillman & Sandra Leesmith)but saw most of them flitting around here and there.

I loved meeting other friends of Seekerville, like Casey Herringshaw, Pepper Basham and Jessica Nelson, Katie Ganshert and Jodie Hedlund, among others. Such great ladies.

And of course, my awesome roomie, Eileen Astels Watson! She put up with my cold, coughing and even, I'm sorry to say, some snoring. (It's the cold, honest!) Thanks Eileen for keeping my sanity!

Lots of new people crossed my path, too, and for that I am most thankful, since most of them appeared at times when I needed a friendly face!

Key note speaker, Tracie Petersen, was awesome. What a wonderful example of a career to aspire to!

The workshops were inspiring and insightful. The award banquet, with all its glam and glitter, was fantastic.

Now to take all that energy and enthusiasm and channel it into my writing! Maybe a day or two to recuperate first!!

3 comments:

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Thanks so much for rooming with me, Susan. You were great, and I wouldn't really call that snoring. It was more like tiny intermitent hickups. So much nicer than hubbies! LOL

Hope you recuperate fast. I got caught up on laundry today.

Keli Gwyn said...

I so enjoyed meeting you in person, Sue. You were one person I really wanted to see. I thank the Lord for sitting you right beside me on the shuttle ride to the hotel so I wouldn't miss you. =)

Susan Anne Mason said...

I know, Keli! I was so overwhelmed by the time I got on that shuttle. And to see you get on the bus and sit beside me was God's wink to me! There's no such thing as coincidence! LOL.