Monday, July 30, 2012

A Writer's Thrill!

Whew! Just got back from vacation last night. Will post about the beach later, but today I wanted to relive the thrill I got on Saturday.

Coming back from New Jersey, we opted for a different route and hubby wanted to go to Washington. So we went that way and after an extremely HOT walk to the White House, we decided not to spend much more time in DC.

Nora's Bookstore
Looking at the map, I was excited to note that we would be passing by Boonsboro, Maryland and asked hubby to make a slight detour. For those of you who aren't fans of Nora Roberts, this name probably wouldn't mean much. But for me, a huge fan, this was better than seeing the White House! Nora and her husband own a bookstore there called Turn the Page Bookstore. They also bought and restored an historic inn, now called Inn BoonsBoro which is the setting for her latest trilogy. And her son has recently opened a restaurant just across the street. 

Hubby standing in front of the Inn.
After much rolling countryside, past many cute rural areas, we finally came upon the quaint town of Boonsboro. I knew Nora would be in Anaheim at the RWA conference and that the store would be closed by the time we got there, but that didn't matter. Just to see these places in person and capture some photos was all I wanted.

Inn BoonsBoro
This thrill capped off my lovely week's holiday. Maybe someday I'll go back to experience a book signing in the quaint Turn the Page bookstore! In the meantime, I'll enjoy my pictures and await the release of the third book in the trilogy. This time I'll REALLY be able to imagine it!

No comments: